Problems with Constipation? Try These 5 Yoga Positions For Quick Recover!
Yoga is an increasingly popular exercise and has a place in the hearts of today's young people.The exercise that is often associated with meditation is not only able to give a sense of calm and peace to the practitioner, but yoga can also make you stronger and more flexible. Stretching activities performed during yoga are often followed by breathing control.
This yoga exercise is not only good for physical health but also very beneficial for your mental health. You will feel calmer, more energetic, and less stressed. Many secrets are kept in this 5,000-year-old exercise practice from India. But, did you know that yoga can also be done to reduce constipation?
Five examples of yoga exercises to reduce constipation
Yoga position 1: Bhujangasana position (The cobra pose)
- Lie on your yoga mat.
- Try to relax and stretch your legs on the floor.
- Slowly, try to press your feet on the floor.
- Inhale and push your upper body upwards.
- Do not apply all the pressure on your hips.
- Try to hold this position for 30 seconds while inhaling slowly.
Pros: This position can strengthen the muscles in your abdomen. This position is also believed to help cleanse the digestive tract and provide relief during constipation.
Yoga position 2: Pavanmuktasana (Wind relieving pose)
- Lie on your yoga mat.
- Fold the right leg to the chest and hold that position for a few moments.
- Then, change it with the left foot.
- Perform alternately for 30 seconds.
Pros: This position, as the name implies, will expel air from your body. This yoga position is an ideal pose for constipation problems in yoga exercises.
Yoga Position 3: Halasana (The Plough Pose)
- This position is quite difficult for newcomers.
- Try to lie down on a yoga mat.
- Slowly, lift your legs and close to your chest.
- Try to raise your back and hold with the back of the body.
- Place your hands on the sides and lower your legs to reach the floor.
- Try to hold this position for 30 seconds.
Pros: This position is good for strengthening the muscles in the back of the body. Besides, this yoga position also stimulates the use of muscles in the abdomen, helping to facilitate the digestive process.
Yoga Position 4: Ardha Matsyendrasana Position (Sitting Half Spinal Twist)
- Sit by stretching both legs forward.
- Bend your left leg and place the leg on the right knee.
- Place the right hand on the left foot as in the picture, and the left hand on your body's back.
- Rotate your waist and straighten your back.
- Inhale and release slowly.
- Repeat the same movement on the right foot.
Pros: This yoga position stimulates the abdomen. It is also believed to facilitate the digestive process and provide relief during constipation.
Yoga Position 5: Baddha Konasana Position (The butterfly pose)
- Sit upright on your yoga mat.
- Sit as if cross-legged but let your heels touch.
- Your soles should be close together.
- Grasp both sides of your feet with your hands.
- Inhale and release.
- Try to do this position for 30 seconds.
Pros: This position is no stranger to yoga exercises. In addition to helping you calm down, this position can also improve blood flow around the abdominal area.
Leave a comment