13 Reasons You're Sweating But Your Body Is Cold. Treat It, Before It's Too Late!
Sometimes, a person sweats due to restlessness or intense pain. But do you know what causes a cold but sweaty body?
What is a cold sweat?
Normal sweating occurs when a person is in high body temperature and needs cooling. On the other hand, cold sweat indicates that people are experiencing hidden health problems.
- Severe stress
If excessive sweating occurs at night, it is called night sweating. There are various causes of this extreme cold but a sweaty body. To get the exact cause, doctors need to take many diagnoses and tests.
Here are some of the most common causes of cold sweats.
- Excessive pain due to serious injury
- Heart problems such as heart attacks
- Incredible breathing pattern
- Abnormal blood sugar levels
- Extraordinary blood pressure
- Idiopathic hyperhidrosis. This health affliction produces a lot of sweat for unexplained reasons.
- Bacterial infections such as tuberculosis, endocarditis, osteomyelitis, abscesses can cause excessive sweating or night sweats. Also, night sweats can be a sign of HIV infection.
- Those in the early stages of cancer may experience night sweats. The type of cancer associated with night sweats is lymphoma.
- The use of certain medications can result in excessive sweating. The most common type of drugs that leads to night sweats is antidepressant. The second is another drug for mental problems. The third are drugs used to treat fever, such as aspirin or paracetamol.
- Low blood sugar. It is also known as hypoglycemia in medicine.
- Hormone problems. Those who have problems with hormone levels in their body may appear to be experiencing cold sweats.
Treatment for cold sweats
There is no specific treatment to address this cause of the cold but sweaty body. The only way to overcome this is to identify the cause.
In fact, by paying more attention to cold sweats, one may be aware of many health risks in advance. Therefore, getting early and proper treatment is best.
Here are some tips to avoid the causes of the cold body:
- Control stress properly
- Bedroom decor: consider removing lights or lowering the room temperature
- Get a healthy eating plan to control blood sugar and blood pressure
- Always stay hydrated
- Reduce smoking and drinking
- Exercise more
- Seek medical help if cold sweats worsen