People do not quite understand how great Gum Arabic is for the health of our bodies. A study by Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia found that Gum Arabic has 87% prebiotic content (food for good bacteria in our body). The amount is eight times higher than breast milk! There are many more benefits that are offered.
Let's find out what Gum Arabic is first
Gum Arabic is a rubber type that comes from the branches and stems of the Acacia tree species that are widely found in Sudan and Africa. In Arabic, it is called Al-Mann, and this substance is a source of prebiotic-rich water-soluble natural fiber.
This Arabic gum can be consumed and proven safe for consumption in large quantities because it is low in calories and free of side effects except for allergies. Apart from its use in food, it is also used for other purposes such as drawing tools, ceramics, and photography.
The Importance of Prebiotics to Humans
Prebiotics are foods for Probiotics. Before you get confused, Probiotics and Prebiotics are two separate things that are interrelated but not the same.
Prebiotics - Foods for good bacteria
Probiotics - Good bacteria in the body
Your good bacteria are abundant in the stomach and intestines. It is where most diseases start, and also the diseases can be cured. So, your good bacteria are very dependent on Prebiotics. Without the presence of Prebiotics, Probiotics will have difficulty being effective.
When your stomach has optimal levels of good bacteria, overall human health is well maintained. Many diseases can be overcome when the body is given the nutrients it needs to heal itself.
Benefits of Prebiotic Gum Arabic
Now you know that Gum Arabic is blessed with huge Prebiotic benefits. Among other problems found to be able to help with Gum Arabic are:
- It can produce short-chain fatty acids that help provide energy to the body.
- Strengthens the immune system (immunity) and fights harmful bacteria.
- Reduces cholesterol in the blood and acts as an antigen that fights cancer growth in living tissues and antioxidants.
- It helps treat mild diarrhea.
- Gum Arabic can also treat diseases related to the gastrointestinal tract such as the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon, rectum, anus, and help improve intestinal performance.
- It helps treat hemorrhoids.
- It helps lower cholesterol levels in the blood.
- It helps lower high blood pressure.
- It helps with constipation.
- It helps problems come irregular months.
- It relieves gout and joint disease.
- Smoothen the digestive system and remove toxins through bowel movements.
- Increases bone density because it has a calcium content of 10 times cow's milk.
- Kesan Gam Arabik dan Sukralosa Terhadap Ciri Minuman Protein Sedia Diminum (RTD) Rendah Kalori Liew Venn Nee, Ang Sin Ying dan Mohammad Yusof Maskat